Saturday, December 20, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby

Wow! I'm actually able to breathe again and get back to joining civilization. It's been a long time since I've posted partly due to finishing my semester at TWU, teaching my 2nd graders, and getting all of our stuff out of storage and into our new house (see praise to the left).

I'm now 38 weeks pregnant with 2 more wks until my due date...ah! We still have no idea if it's a boy or a girl...although Clay finally admitted he thinks it's a girl. This conflicts with me thinking it's a boy, so who knows??! I'm going to the dr. every week and the past two weeks I've been 90% effaced and a half cm dilated. The baby is healthy (thank you, Lord) and is weighing a little over 6 lbs. and measuring 19 in. My dr. predicts we'll probably have him/her right after Christmas. I've been feeling great besides the "alien-like" moving going on inside my stomach and I've been super anxious to meet this little baby.

Please pray that whenever I go into labor (preferably when Clay is not on shift at the firestation- although my sister and mom have been staying with me then), that God have his hand on this little baby and keep both of us healthy and somewhat calm.

Clay and my sister are going to do the best they can on getting the word out whenever it happens so keep praying and stay posted.

Love,
Mommy-to-be

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, I am so excited for you! Your blessed life is right in front of you. You will never experience more joy than the family that God gives you. I can't wait to meet him/her.

We will be praying for you and the baby. We just know that all will go perfectly.

Love, Michelle Pritchard